Just in case some of you are planning to visit the British Library to do some research next week, a reminder that all British Library Reading Rooms will be closed on Monday 7th May and will re-open on Tuesday 8th May. The British Library have also made the following announcement:
Alert – Planned Industrial Action – Thursday 10 May
Members of the Public & Commercial Services Union (PCS) have voted for a one-day strike on Thursday 10 May 2012 over changes to public sector pensions.
The British Library at St Pancras plans to be open for visitors to its public areas and exhibition galleries. However, there is likely to be significant disruption to our Reading Room services as follows:
- We may have to open later than usual
- We may not be able to open some Reading Rooms
- We may only be able to accommodate a maximum of 5 requests per person
- No transfers will be possible between Reading Rooms.
- We may have to close early at 17.00 (rather than 20.00)
We do plan to open the Boston Spa Reading Room and the Newspaper Library at Colindale, but there may be disruption to our services.
We urge you to check any changes to the Library’s opening hours and available services. We will keep you updated here, and via Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you for your understanding.