Who can join FIBIS? Membership is open to anyone sympathetic to the aims of the Society, and even though based in England, we accept Members worldwide.
- UK membership is £15.00 per year (See shop for details)
- European membership is £16.00 per year (See shop for details)
- Overseas / worldwide membership is £18.00 per year (See shop for details)
- UK membership is £15.00 per year
- European membership is £16.00 per year
- Overseas / worldwide membership is £18.00 per year
Benefits of annual membership
- Two FIBIS Journals per year issued in Spring and Autumn. These contain helpful articles about genealogical resources and background information about ancestors’ lives in India. New members are sent a copy of the latest Journal and are able to use online editions of past Journals.
- Research provided by our Research Officer at the British Library (and a limited amount at other archives). Please see Research Services for further details.
- Members Only FIBIS Social Network where you can connect with other members; create your own photo albums; create or join an interest group; have access to a collaborative group document workspace; read/contribute to the members only blog; use the discussion forums and chat with other members using the private message and or Facebook style chat facility.
- Access to members only data in the FIBIS database website
- Access to both audio and video Multimedia.
- Society events, some of which are not available to non-members.
- A Membership Research Interest List putting researchers in touch with each other.
- Discounts from the FIBIS Shop – you could easily save the price of your Membership!
- FIBIS members get a 10% discount on new subscriptions to Find My Past.
Application forms to post
If you would rather not join online you can apply by post using the relevant forms below.
Updated October 27, 2013